In the US for the Number of Aviation & Aerospace Establishments * (1)
Aerospace-related Companies * (2)
Florida’s aerospace industry has diversified strengths, highlighted by:
- Rocket launching and landing at the Cape Canaveral Spaceport
- Development of navigation and guidance control systems in Orlando and Clearwater
- Manufacturing of rocket engines as well as advanced helicopter systems in West Palm Beach
- Small satellite development in Gainesville
- Significant MRO centers around the state, with particular strength in Miami, Jacksonville, Melbourne, and the Pensacola to Panama City corridor
- Business jet R&D and manufacturing in Melbourne
Additionally, Florida is a hub for the growing commercial space industry, with current and planned major operations for path-breaking companies such as SpaceX, Blue Origin and OneWeb Satellites.
Our mission is simple: Make Florida the Place for Space.
Partnering with industry to grow aerospace in Florida
Space Florida is uniquely empowered by the State Florida with robust tools to aid companies in aerospace and related industries. These powers, which are contained in Space Florida’s state enabling statute (Chapter 331 Part II Florida Statutes), include:
- Authority to conduct off balance sheet financing transactions (which oftentimes will qualify for operating lease treatment under SFAS 13)
- Authority to conduct conduit financing transactions in situations where land ownership is not possible (e.g., improvements on federal installations and at airports)
- Equipment financing
- Infrastructure funding for improvements within the Florida Spaceports territory (currently NASA/Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, and Cecil Commerce Center)
- Access to additional financing and workforce recruiting and training support in coordination with our partners at Enterprise Florida, Workforce Florida, and Visit Florida, and local economic development organizations around the state
We have conducted more than $500 million in financing transactions since 2000, allowing a number of companies to defer upfront capital costs on favorable terms as they grow their operations in Florida.
We look forward to assisting you.