Space Florida is an Independent Special District of the State of Florida, created by Chapter 331, Part II, Florida Statutes, for the purposes of fostering the growth and development of a sustainable and world-leading space industry in Florida.
As the State of Florida’s aerospace economic development agency, Space Florida fosters bold economic development activities to expand and diversify domestic and international opportunities that support talent development, enhance infrastructure and support governments and organizations in improving the state’s competitive business climate. Space Florida does this by supporting, assisting, facilitating and/or consulting on space industry related needs for:
Attracting, retaining, and expanding aerospace or related supply chain businesses that create economic opportunities in the State of Florida by:
- Arranging financial incentives and providing start up and relocation support
- Providing financial and business consulting on business formation, relocation and venture development
- Providing resources, retraining and access to experienced professional workforce
- Development of targeted infrastructure and facilities
- Research and Development opportunities that enable target industry growth
Space Florida also develops, conducts, hosts and/or arranges educational services, summits, conferences and/or programs relating to space-based scientific research and economic opportunities and incentives for space-related business, as well as recommends future requirements for aerospace workforce training and related skills.